Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Grazer

Grazer, oil on gessoed watercolor paper, 6x8"

Day 19, 30 paintings/30 day challenge
Visit and "like"my Facebook site
Celia Kelly Studio


Day 19 came after a long trip back and forth to St. Louis to deliver Hugh back to Washington University.  I had a full day of work, plus CPR training so I didn't paint until 10pm. Needless to say, for the first time in the challenge, the painting and posting almost didn't get finished. But, in normal Celia fashion, (I will not rest when something has to be accomplished), it did. I started this painting two days ago, and finished it a few minutes ago. For a girl who grew up in Kentucky loving horses, they are incredibly hard to paint.  I started it as a challenge to myself, for getting proportions right and all that other boring stuff. I will challenge myself more in the future with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger