Saturday, January 30, 2016

Long Way 'Round

Long Way 'Round, oil on Arches oil paper, 8x12"

Day 30, 30 paintings/30 Days

Please visit and "like" my Facebook page
Celia Kelly Studio

This is the final painting of the 30 challenge. I am extremely proud that I accomplished 29/30 paintings, missing one only because I was too sick to stand at the easel. As I have said, the most important thing that I take away from the challenge is the fact that my painting are developing to where I finally feel comfortable again as an artist.  On a painting spectrum, my vision of what I want a finished piece to look like and the actual finished piece are each moving closer to the center.  I may take a few days off and catch up on things that have fallen by the wayside.

Also, I am happy to say that one of my 30/30 paintings has been donated as a fundraiser for St. Francis of Assisi school.  I mounted the watercolor paper on an archival board, with ph neutral glue, something I haven't tried before. The frame was also made by hand using a different method then previous frames.
Here is "Single"

1 comment:

  1. Ug, I had a bought of illness this month, too. Yuck. I'm glad you're feeling better. And although I haven't commented on all, I've really enjoyed your paintings this month. And you finished strong with a real beauty today. Happy Painting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger