Thursday, January 21, 2016

Layers


Layers, oil on Arches #140 cold pressed oil paper, 12"x16"

Day 21,  30 paintings/30 day challenge

Please visit and "Like" my Facebook page
Celia Kelly Studio

I started painting on gessoed watercolor paper at the beginning of the challenge in January, switching from my normal gessobords.  I realized I love the feel of the paper, and am sorting through the best way to suggest framing/hanging.  I was reading an artist blog recently and someone posted information on a type of Arches paper, that is suitable for oil paint. It has a built-in barrier so chemicals and oils don't leach through, leading to breakdown. So I decided to try it. I bought 12 - 12"x16" sheets to cut into smaller sizes. For Layers  I kept it whole, and BIG!
It had a different feel then gessoed paper, more of an absorbent feel that requires more scrubby painting. But I will acclimate and report more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger